Lower Moor Church - St Thomas
St Thomas Church was built as a Chapel of Ease in 1868 by Soloman Hunt in conjunction with F. W. Preedy, a well-known church architect working in Worcestershire at the time, on land given by the Waggstaff family. Funds for its construction were largely raised in the local community. Prior to the building of St Thomas, those in the village wishing to worship would have walked Porters footpath to visit Fladbury Church. At its beginning, the Church was not licensed for marriages or burials. The Church will accommodate approximately eighty people in reasonable comfort. The Church contains a small single manual pipe organ bearing the inscription Cassons Patent, The positive Organ Co. Ltd., London.
The Church is a fine example of a small Victorian village chapel built in brick under a slate roof together with a bell turret. The porch was added after the First World War to the memory of those who fell in the Great War. The pathway to the Church is formed using gravestones recovered from Fladbury Church.
The Church contains a plaque as a memorial to the men of the Parish of Hill and Moor who gave their lives in the service of their country in Two World Wars. A Remembrance Service is held in the Church every year.
The Church benefits from some beautiful stain glass windows to the memory of local people.
Together with being used for funeral and baptism services, the Church has recently been licensed for marriage services.
The Church is open from early morning to early evening every day for those who wish to visit or rest in the quite for a moments reflection.